Please note that the play areas at both Redcotts and Leigh Park reopened on 15 July 2020. Guidance for using the play areas safely during the Covid-19 pandemic can be found here. The toilets at Redcotts Recreation Ground are also open. Please see information below in respect of the grass tennis courts and skate ramp.
Redcotts Recreation Ground
In response to the recent Government updated guidance on permitted recreational activities during the Coronavirus pandemic, the Town Council has opened the grass tennis courts at Redcotts Recreation Ground for the summer season. There is currently no charge for using the facilities and no need to book but we would ask you to observe the latest guidelines below which follow Government advice effective from Monday, 1 June 2020:
- Singles and doubles tennis with different households is now permissible. Activities must be limited to no more than 6 people.
- Players are advised to only use their own equipment and to clean their hands with alcohol gel if shared surfaces/equipment are touched. This will need to be supplied by players.
- Avoid changing ends or change at opposite sides of net
- No shaking hands or physical contact with other players
- Allow others to leave before you enter the court – wait away from the gate
- Maintain social distancing (2m rule) at all times
- Follow public health guidelines for hygiene
- Do not play if you are self-isolating
- If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 you should follow the Government’s ‘test and trace’ guidelines, which can be read on the GOV.UK website here.
The skate ramp has now been reopened and people should familiarise themselves with the guidelines for using it here.
Redcotts Recreation Ground is used by local football teams which hire pitches in the ground, Wimborne Tennis Club and Wimborne Bowls Club. It also has a children’s play area, a petanque pitch (guidance for playing during coronavirus pandemic can be found here.) a basketball area and a half pipe skateboard ramp as well as a football kick-about area and table tennis table.
Wimborne Minster Tennis Club has three floodlit hard courts and four grass courts in the summer. All courts are available for the public to use on a pay and play basis without having to join the tennis club.
Leigh Park Playing Field
Leigh Park Playing Fields has a children’s play area and two rugby pitches.