Community Events and Liaison Committee
To send an enquiry regarding matters for this committee, please email the Town clerk.
This Committee’s terms of reference are below:-
The Community, Events and Liaison Committee shall meet a minimum of six times a year, consist of eight Members, have a quorum of four members, and be delegated to make decisions on behalf of Full Council in relation to:
- review, manage and successfully deliver Council’s annual scheduled civic and non- civic events in the town within budget including (and not exclusively) Christmas lights switch on, New Year’s Eve, Civic Thanksgiving Service, Annual Parishioners Meeting, and other events in partnership with local organisations,
- recommend any public engagement exercises that may be considered necessary or beneficial following consultation with residents and other relevant organisations with similar interests, which encourage events that benefit the residents and visitors of the Town;
- confirm format and dates for all events and provide an annual diarised scheme of said events to Full Council,
- provide budget estimates to the Finance and Governance Committee for the following financial year in October,
- provide best value including gaining funding / sponsorship opportunities for events,
- review feedback from civic and non-civic events,
- consider request from outside groups and organisations to partner in events and activities and subsequently make recommendations to Council,
- health and safety compliance (including risk assessments), liaison with Dorset Council Safety Advisory Group, insurance requirements/cover and volunteer management,
- liaison with groups and other similar organisations that promote the Town (see below),
- review, deliver and monitor youth services provision to the Town,
- pro-actively manage PR, website and social media presence/publicity.
Allendale Community Centre
Museum of East Dorset
Quarterjacks Marching Band
Wimborne Chamber of Commerce
Wimborne in Bloom
Wimborne Minster Folk Festival
Wimborne Royal British Legion
Wimborne War on Waste
The Committee will be clerked by the Community Events and Liaison Officer (or another officer if required).
2023 Minutes and Agendas
These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology and are in the following formats: .pdf. Request an accessible format.