To send an enquiry regarding matters for this committee, please email the Town clerk. Alternatively you can contact an individual member of each committee by selecting from the list on the right of this page.
Terms of Reference
- Planning recommendations to the Dorset Council
- Planning appeals
- The recommending to the Dorset Council of the Issue of
- Enforcement Notices
- Highway, footpath and waterways matters
- To monitor traffic management throughout the town
- To monitor Tree Preservation Orders
- To monitor Wimborne Minster’s Conservation Areas and issues
- To monitor tourism
- To monitor the tidiness of the town
- To encourage conservation and environment protection in Wimborne Minster
Delegated to Committee
- To comment on all planning and allied applications including those related to listed buildings, advertisements and trees.
- To respond on behalf of the Council to planning appeals.
- To comment on behalf of the Council on traffic management and road safety proposals
- To administer on behalf of the Council the Committee’s approved annual budget.
- To liaise with other agencies on matters concerning roads, footpaths and waterways.
- To monitor on behalf of the Council the tidiness of the town.
- To be responsible for Conservation Areas issues in the town.
- To liaise with statutory undertakers and local authorities on matters concerning their street furniture, signing, building structures and public seating.
- To be responsible to the Council for any action in respect of Agenda 21, conservation or environmental protection.
- To assist other agencies with tourism in the town including tourism related signs.
- To be responsible for the Council’s public lighting.
- To comment where necessary on matters concerning Wimborne Hospital and other Health Authority responsibilities.