Following the Government announcement on 22 February 2021, wedding ceremonies can now recommence. Guest numbers will be limited to 6 (including the couple) until no earlier than 12 April 2021 when it is hoped that this number can increase to 15 (including the couple). Social distancing must still be maintained within the Council Chamber and therefore the limit of 15 guests will continue until no earlier than 21 June 2021 when it is hoped that social distancing will no longer be required. At that time the guest numbers permitted in the Council Chamber will be 45.
Our specific procedures can be found here. If you wish to discuss a booking then please contact us on 01202 881655.
Built in the 19th Century, the Council Chamber situated within the Grade II listed Town Hall is licensed for Civil Wedding Ceremonies. The Council Chamber has been licensed since 1996 and has grown in popularity over the years to become one of the most popular venues in East Dorset. It underwent a sympathetic refurbishment at the beginning of 2020 to make the most of its period features – including a barrel vaulted ceiling adorned with large chandeliers.
The venue features the ‘Jubilee Garden‘ which has been planted as a 17th Century Physick Garden with a Gazebo dating from 1750. This provides a lovely location for photographs after the ceremony.
We provide a fully comprehensive package which includes the attendance of an experienced member of staff at the ceremony.
Town Hall Details
- A maximum of 45 guests can be accommodated in the Council Chamber
- One and a half hours is allowed between wedding ceremonies
- Your own music (in the form of a CD or your own MP3 player) can be used for the wedding ceremony, providing that the music is secular
- You can use your own flowers for decorating the tables etc.
- There is no parking at the Town Hall
- The Town Hall is a listed building and access to the Council Chamber is by stairs only without a stair lift
- Wedding cars can be driven into the Town Hall courtyard, but not left without a chauffeur
- Confetti can be used outside providing it is bio-degradable
- The registrar from Ferndown conducts the wedding ceremonies at Wimborne Minster Town Hall.
- The booking of the Registrar is your responsibility. We would recommend that you contact the Registrar as soon as possible to ensure that all the formalities are completed correctly and in good time for the wedding to take place.
- The registrar will charge a separate fee for their attendance at the wedding ceremony.
- Contact the Dorset Registration Service on (01305) 225153 or by clicking here.
Current Prices (reviewed annually)
- The cost is £240 including VAT for Wimborne Minster Parishioners.
- For non-Parishioners it is £300 including VAT.