Built in the 19th Century, the Council Chamber situated within the Grade II listed Town Hall is licensed for Civil Wedding Ceremonies. The Council Chamber has been licensed since 1996 and has grown in popularity over the years to become one of the most popular venues in East Dorset. It underwent a sympathetic refurbishment at the beginning of 2020 to make the most of its period features – including a barrel-vaulted ceiling adorned with large chandeliers.
The venue features the ‘Jubilee Garden‘ which has been planted as a 17th Century Physick Garden with a Gazebo dating from 1750. This provides a lovely location for photographs after the ceremony, and a post ceremony reception to toast the couple. There is also an option to host a Civil Ceremony outside in the Jubilee Garden (with reduced maximum numbers, same fees apply).
We provide a fully comprehensive package which includes the attendance of an experienced member of staff at the ceremony.
Town Hall Details
- A maximum of 45 guests can be accommodated in the Council Chamber
- One and a half hours is allowed between wedding ceremonies
- Your own choice of music can be used for the wedding ceremony, providing that the music is secular. The member of staff present on the day will download and play this for you.
- You can use your own flowers for decorating the tables etc.
- There is no parking at the Town Hall
- The Town Hall is a listed building and access to the Council Chamber is by stairs only without a stair lift
- Wedding cars can be driven into the Town Hall courtyard, but not left without a chauffeur
- Confetti can be used outside providing it is bio-degradable
- The registrar from Ferndown conducts the wedding ceremonies at Wimborne Minster Town Hall.
- The booking of the Registrar is your responsibility. We would recommend that you contact the Registrar as soon as possible to ensure that all the formalities are completed correctly and in good time for the wedding to take place.
- The registrar will charge a separate fee for their attendance at the wedding ceremony.
- Contact the Dorset Registration Service on (01305) 225153 or email email@example.com
- The cost for Wimborne Minster Parishioners. Monday to Friday £350 including VAT and Saturdays £450 including VAT.
- For non-Parishioners. Monday to Friday £500 including VAT and Saturdays £600 including VAT.