A message from the Town Mayor
Since my Election in May, it has been my privilege to meet so many inspirational people who have given their time selflessly and without hesitation to the benefit of the Town and its residents.
This award recognises and awards an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the Town of Wimborne Minster and its residents. The individual will have demonstrated exceptional commitment to an unpaid activity.
I would like to invite nominations for this award, the winner of which will receive a £100 donation to the Charity of their choice, second place will receive a £50 donation to the charity of their choice and third place will receive a £25 donation to the charity of their choice.
The winner will be announced at the Light Switch on event on Saturday 26th November and will be invited to switch on the Christmas Lights in the Square with me.
Examples may include: –
- Starting up or running a local community project or event
- Increasing charitable fundraising within Wimborne Minster
- Extensive involvement in a successful voluntary or not-for-profit project or group
- Volunteering which has had an exceptional positive influence on an individual or group
The above examples are by no means exhaustive, as the nominee may be involved in other activities. This award is open to volunteers of all ages.
Suggested information to include in your entry: –
- Why is this person being nominated?
- How many years have they been volunteering?
- What is the impact of their commitment locally, nationally, or internationally?
- Demonstration of outstanding commitment to their unpaid activity and role
- A long-lasting benefit to the community in which the work is undertaken
- A record of positive results and achievements
The nominee must live within the area of Wimborne Minster.
Please send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 31st October 2022.
Cllr Carol Butter, Chairman and Town Mayor