To send an enquiry regarding matters for this committee, please email the Town clerk. Alternatively you can contact an individual member of each committee by selecting from the list on the right of this page.
Terms of Reference
- Receive financial statements on the Council’s accounts
- The preparation of the Annual Accounts
- Grants to outside bodies
- The fixing of charges and rents
- Negotiating land transactions
- The framing of Bye-Laws
- Preparation of Leases and the monitoring of the observance of the conditions of the Leases
- Office equipment and furniture
- The management and maintenance of the Council’s buildings
Delegated to Committee
- To receive reports on the position of the Council’s accounts at least once per cycle.
- To administer on behalf of the Council the Committee’s approved annual budget.
- To consider and determine applications for grant aid.
- To fix charges for services within the purview of the committee.
- To fix rents for any premises under the control of the Committee.
- To negotiate land transactions on behalf of the Council including the content of leases.
- To be responsible for all of the Council’s insurance matters.
- To be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all the Council’s built assets, fixtures and fittings with the exception of the shelters under the control of the Recreation and Leisure Committee.