To send an enquiry regarding matters for this committee, please email the Town clerk. Alternatively you can contact an individual member of each committee by selecting from the list on the right of this page.
Terms of Reference
- Receive financial statements on the Council’s accounts
- The preparation of the Annual Accounts
- Grants to outside bodies
- The fixing of charges and rents
- Negotiating land transactions
- The framing of Bye-Laws
- Preparation of Leases and the monitoring of the observance of the conditions of the Leases
- Office equipment and furniture
- The management and maintenance of the Council’s buildings
Delegated to Committee
- To receive reports on the position of the Council’s accounts at least once per cycle.
- To administer on behalf of the Council the Committee’s approved annual budget.
- To consider and determine applications for grant aid.
- To fix charges for services within the purview of the committee.
- To fix rents for any premises under the control of the Committee.
- To negotiate land transactions on behalf of the Council including the content of leases.
- To be responsible for all of the Council’s insurance matters.
- To be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all the Council’s built assets, fixtures and fittings with the exception of the shelters under the control of the Recreation and Leisure Committee.
Delegated to Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Committee
- At the request of the Town Clerk and in circumstances deemed to be exceptional and urgent to exercise any powers within the purview of their Committee provided they are satisfied that the decision cannot wait for the next meeting, is not against Council policy, is financially viable or defensible and is reported to the next ordinary meeting of the Committee. In the event that the Chairman and/or Vice-Chairman are absent and cannot be contacted then this power shall pass to the Chairman/and or Vice-Chairman of the Council or another member acting with one of those members.
- That in the event that a Chairman of a Committee is not able to be present at a meeting of the Policy and Review Committee or at one of the informal meetings with the District Councillors the Vice-Chairman of that Committee be permitted to attend instead.