To send an enquiry regarding matters for this committee, please email the Town clerk. Alternatively you can contact an individual member of each committee by selecting from the list on the right of this page.
Terms of Reference
- The supervision and management of the Town’s Recreation Grounds
- Liaison with bodies of sport and recreation
- Co-operation with local sports clubs
- Maximisation of the use of the present recreational facilities
- Active encouragement of greater sports and leisure activities for the benefit of the community
- Active encouragement and promotion of the arts in Wimborne Minster
- Liaison with Wimborne in Bloom and other similar organisations
Delegated to Committee
- To be responsible for the supervision and management of the Town Council’s Recreation Grounds.
- To liaise with organisations and other local authorities responsible for providing sport and recreation.
- To be responsible for maximising the use of the Council’s recreational facilities.
- To encourage an expansion of sport and leisure activities in the community.
- To actively encourage the promotion of the arts in Wimborne Minster.
- To recommend to the Policy and Review Committee any changes to the manual workforce.
- To administer on behalf of the Council the Committee’s annual budget.
- To liaise with Wimborne in Bloom and other similar organisations.
- To fix charges for services within the purview of the committee.
Delegated to Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Committee
- At the request of the Town Clerk and in circumstances deemed to be exceptional and urgent to exercise any powers within the purview of their Committee provided they are satisfied that the decision cannot wait for the next meeting, is not against Council policy, is financially viable or defensible and is reported to the next ordinary meeting of the Committee. In the event that the Chairman and/or Vice-Chairman are absent and cannot be contacted then this power shall pass to the Chairman/and or Vice-Chairman of the Council or another member acting with one of those members.
- That in the event that a Chairman of a Committee is not able to be present at a meeting of the Policy and Review Committee or at one of the informal meetings with the District Councillors the Vice-Chairman of that Committee be permitted to attend instead.