To send an enquiry regarding matters for this committee, please email the Town clerk. Alternatively you can contact an individual member of each committee by selecting from the list on the right of this page.
Terms of Reference
- Planning recommendations to the East Dorset District Council
- Planning appeals
- The recommending to the East Dorset District Council of the Issue of
- Enforcement Notices
- Highway, footpath and waterways matters
- To monitor traffic management throughout the town
- To monitor Tree Preservation Orders
- To monitor Wimborne Minster’s Conservation Areas and issues
- To monitor tourism
- To monitor the tidiness of the town
- To encourage conservation and environment protection in Wimborne Minster
Delegated to Committee
- To comment on all planning and allied applications including those related to listed buildings, advertisements and trees.
- To respond on behalf of the Council to planning appeals.
- To comment on behalf of the Council on traffic management and road safety proposals
- To administer on behalf of the Council the Committee’s approved annual budget.
- To liaise with other agencies on matters concerning roads, footpaths and waterways.
- To monitor on behalf of the Council the tidiness of the town.
- To be responsible for Conservation Areas issues in the town.
- To liaise with statutory undertakers and local authorities on matters concerning their street furniture, signing, building structures and public seating.
- To be responsible to the Council for any action in respect of Agenda 21, conservation or environmental protection.
- To assist other agencies with tourism in the town including tourism related signs.
- To be responsible for the Council’s public lighting.
- To comment where necessary on matters concerning Wimborne Hospital and other Health Authority responsibilities.
Delegated to Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Committee
- At the request of the Town Clerk and in circumstances deemed to be exceptional and urgent to exercise any powers within the purview of their Committee provided they are satisfied that the decision cannot wait for the next meeting, is not against Council policy, is financially viable or defensible and is reported to the next ordinary meeting of the Committee. In the event that the Chairman and/or Vice-Chairman are absent and cannot be contacted then this power shall pass to the Chairman/and or Vice-Chairman of the Council or another member acting with one of those members.
- That in the event that a Chairman of a Committee is not able to be present at a meeting of the Policy and Review Committee or at one of the informal meetings with the District Councillors the Vice-Chairman of that Committee be permitted to attend instead.